Why Open SUNY?
For more than 65 years, the State University of New York has provided the citizens of New York State with access to affordable, world-class higher education. Building on more than 20 years of experience in online learning, Open SUNY offers students access to the best faculty from across New York and beyond.
We understand that you may have work and life schedules that prevent you from attending class in a traditional face-to-face environment--but that shouldn’t stop you from getting the degree you want! Some of the challenges we’ve heard from students like you include:
- "I want to go to college, but can’t find a program to match my schedule."
- "I'm not sure what online programs or courses SUNY offers or where to find them."
- "I started college years ago, but never finished. The idea of going back is overwhelming."
- "I need a degree that will help me be successful in my career."
- "I just can’t imagine what online learning would be like."
The mission of Open SUNY is to address challenges like these. Open SUNY will make it easier for you to access high-quality higher education options, ensure that you have the support you need to achieve your educational goals, and provide you with the tools and experiences you need to be successful after you graduate.